We are a small animal and exotics practice located in suburban El Paso, Texas looking for a top-notch associate or two to round out our spectacular (in our humble opinion) hospital. What makes us so special? We constantly strive to practice the “golden rule.” In a nutshell, our leadership and management are constantly working to ensure we are the type of business we ourselves would want work in as team members, as well the type of hospital we would want to take our pets as clients. For the more elaborate explanation:
- We believe in practicing quality medicine and advocating for our patients’ physical and emotional well-being. For this reason, we provide Fear Free certification for all team members that have contact with patients. We emphasize preventive care and client education. We are continually updating our processes and technologies to keep up with advancements and recently invested in a new 7100 sq ft facility with separation of dog and cat areas and improved work flows. We also invest in our doctors and staff by encouraging continuing education and professional development so they can provide a rock star level of care.
- We believe in providing clients with a quality experience. Facility improvements, updated processes, and continually refining client communication enables us to maintain a happy client base that keeps bringing their pets back to see us.
- We believe in having a quality of life concern for our staff and fostering a healthy workplace culture. Exceptional patient care and customer service would not be possible without skilled team members that find satisfaction in their profession. To this end, we have zero intention to open 7 days a week or have extended hours. We strive to treat all team members fairly and equitably. We take our staff’s health seriously, and enforce day-to-day and COVID-related safety measures. Windows and Solatubes in our new facility provide plenty of natural light so you can actually tell whether its day or night when you’re at work. A kitchen, eating area, and lounge area gives our staff a comfortable area to unwind on breaks. Structured training and staff development fosters skill and confidence in team members so they can achieve their amazing potential.
So what does this mean for a new associate?
- It means you can practice medicine you can be proud of. It means you have access to mentorship and support from Dr. Dashley, Dr. Lara and Dr. Reyes; continuing education and wet labs on our dime to expand your knowledge and skills; and membership in a tight knit local VMA that allows for networking and friendships with colleagues.
- It means you can attain a work-life balance with favorable hours. Emergency calls are totally optional and there is a great after hours emergency hospital in town so you don’t have to worry about late night C-sections unless you want to.
- It means that you can achieve financial success and pay off those pesky student loans without eating Ramen (unless you like Ramen, of course). Our client base is strong and growing. Our clients are generally wonderful pet parents that follow recommendations and keep us busy with their kiddos. We maintain a high tech to DVM ratio. Our technicians are truly awesome at what they do and support our doctors so they can focus on doctoring. We are busy, but organized, and this combination of efficiency and quality medicine allows us to provide good compensation and benefits to our staff and doctors. Doctors are paid on a pro-sal basis (guaranteed base salary, with the opportunity to make more based on commission). Benefits include 401K, health/vision/dental insurance, VMA dues, DEA and license renewal fees, VIN, Fear Free certification, vacation time, CE stipend, and a “benevolence” budget for when you just really want to save that puppy but the owner is tapped out.
- It means flexibility. Just want to practice on dogs and cats and never touch a bird again? That’s okay. If you are interested in small exotics (sorry, no Ostriches), Dr. Dashley and Dr. Reyes are more than happy to help you out. Don’t want to do ear crops and artificial inseminations? We don’t either. Only want to work part time? We’ll take it.
- It means you have access to a brand-spanking-new, beautiful, fully-loaded veterinary hospital. 7 exam rooms, 2 surgery tables in a dedicated surgical suite, 2 dental tables in a dedicated dental suite, 5 treatment tables, genuine isolation room, separate dog and cat waiting, separate dog and cat kennel areas, individual associate desks (no sharing space with the x-ray machine…true story), digital white board, digital radiography (including horizontal beam), ultrasound and echocardiography, digital dental radiographs, electro- and radiocautery, surgical laser, cold laser, HotDog patient warming systems, full anesthesia monitoring (including EtCO2), and in house lab machines (chem, CBC, coag, urinalysis, and IDEXX snap tests). Sorry, no crystal ball or magic wand, but here’s to hoping!
Future plans for the practice include pursuing AAHA accreditation, incorporating CT and endoscopy, expanding our exotics services to include rabbit and rodent dentistry, and adding more wonderful associate veterinarians to our growing TLC family. Wanna be part of something great? Let us know!